What questions one needs to ask when selecting a security company
(Armed Response & Alarm Monitoring)
- What area do you cover?
- Are you the dominant force in the area?
- Where is your base located compared to the area?
- Do you have your own Control room and do your own monitoring? (if not there will be a delay as the Control Room has to communicate (phone or radio) with a different company in order to dispatch a Reaction Officer and this delay puts you more at risk)
- Do you have your own Armed Reaction Officers?
- Is a security check carried out on all staff employed?
- How many vehicles do you have in the area I live?
- Is it an Armed Response service?
- Do you actively patrol the area – or do you respond only on activation of my alarm?
- How many clients do you have in the area?
- How often will your vehicles be in the area?
- What is your contractual term?
- Do you have any CCTV cameras in the area you monitor?
- What is your policy when my alarm is triggered?
- Are you alarm technicians SAIDSA (South African Intruder Detection Services Association) certified and certify their work to those regulations?
- Do you sub contract alarm work & installation/repair of alarm systems?
- What are the qualifications of their technicians?